Google
 

Wednesday 26 December 2007

Taking a break from KDE

In a random act of madness, I'm installing ubuntu-desktop, and going back to the Gnome desktop that I left many months ago.
I don't know why (probably my short attention span), but KDE doesn't seem as bright and shiny as it did when I first tried it.

So, I've decided to give Gnome until January 11th (the proposed KDE4 release date) to impress me.
From now until then - no KDE apps. No Amarok, no Kontact, no Kopete, no Katapult, no Yakuake. I have no idea what I'm going to use in place of them (although Banshee seems to have improved since I last used it, and I never exactly hated Pidgin).

But the whole experience should at least give me some good blog food - application comparisons.

Anyways, its finished downloading now, let's see how this turns out...

No comments: